This article can help you solve any problems you may encounter when getting verified on MoonPay.
What if I see a black screen or my camera is not working?
Sometimes, you might encounter camera problems while using MoonPay for verification. Here's how to resolve them:
Ensure your device's camera is accessible to MoonPay. A pop-up should request camera access during verification. If it doesn't, follow these steps based on your device:
a. Mac: Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera. Check the app you're using.
b. Windows: Open Settings > Privacy > Camera, and enable "Let apps use my camera."
c. iPhone: Access Settings > App Name > Enable the Camera.
d. Android: Open Settings > Applications > Application Manager > App Name > Enable the Camera.
MoonPay works best in a browser with camera support. If you're experiencing issues, try a different browser or device with a working camera.
"No camera found/ready to use" error
If you encounter the "No camera found/ready to use" error, follow these steps to resolve it:
Ensure that another application doesn't use your camera. Close any other apps using the camera.
Check your browser settings to make sure it can access your camera. Adjust these settings if needed.
Verify that your internet connection is stable and working correctly.
If the problem continues after allowing the browser to use the camera, try these steps:
- Close and reopen your browser. This can help resolve temporary issues.
- If the problem continues, try resetting your device. Rebooting your device can often fix such issues.
There is no code on my bank statement. What can I do?
If you are unable to locate the 4-digit code on your bank statement, consider the following steps:
- Look at your online banking statement to find a 4-digit code for the transaction. It may appear as something like MoonPay 1234.
- If you're having trouble finding the code on your bank statement, don't worry, we're here to assist. Click the Help button in the bottom-right corner to chat with our support team. If you're having trouble finding the code, we have another option. Take a photo of yourself with your bank card next to your face.
Cover the middle digits of your card's number in the photo for extra security.
My ID has expired, and I'm waiting for a new one. What can I do?
If your current ID has expired and you're awaiting a new one, please keep the following in mind:
- To complete our verification, your ID must be valid for at least one month after submission. You have to cancel your transaction if it doesn't meet this.
- We can't use temporary IDs like replacement licenses or voter's cards to verify. Wait until you have your permanent ID before proceeding.
We are aware that ID documents can expire or undergo renewal. Once you have your new, valid ID, you can return to complete the verification process.
I don't have my bank card with me
It could delay verification and your order if you're still searching for your bank card. To make things easier in the future, keep your bank card accessible.
Updated about 1 month ago