This section will help you troubleshoot common issues with Know Your Business (KYB) procedures. Whether you're a business owner or handling KYB requirements professionally, we'll provide practical solutions for a smooth and compliant experience.
How long would it take for my company to complete the KYB process?
This article will guide you on how to complete the KYB/KYC process. If you need a general overview of KYB, KYC, and how they differ, please go to What are KYB and KYC article.
To complete the KYB process, your company must complete questionnaires and provide some documents for verification. These include:
- The record of compliance shows who is in charge, such as directors and key people. It includes their validated signatures and IDs.
- The Company Registration Certificate shows that your company is registered with the government.
- The Memorandum of Association is like a rulebook for the company. It states the company's goals and how it interacts with shareholders and others.
Each beneficiary owning 25% or more of the company must complete the KYC process. Here's what they should do:
- Share their personal info, including full legal name, nationality, and address.
- A valid ID from their country, like a passport, driver's license, or state ID.
- A valid Proof of Address, such as an official bank statement, utility bill, or tax return.
Ensure your KYB/KYC process documents are recent and dated within the last 3 months. We can't take incomplete, invalid, or expired papers. Plus, they must be originals, not photocopies.
What should I do after submitting everything for the KYB/KYC process?
After we check everything, our compliance team will review all the details. We'll let you know if there are any problems during verification.
Once KYB is done and approved, give us a few days to move to the contract stage. We'll send over the agreement and sort out any final details. If you feel like it's taking too long, you can contact your onboarding manager for updates.
My KYB link has expired
Our verification partner generates each KYB link we send. It is only valid for 30 days. If you need more time to collect the required documents, kindly contact your onboarding manager. They’ll gladly assist you with a new active link to continue the KYB process.
KYB Step-By-Step Process
To complete the onboarding process, there are a few steps you need to complete.
- Go to dashboard.moonpay.com/signup.
Create your account by providing the following details:
- Last Name
- Email address
Read and review the terms and conditions.
You’ll get an email with a link to verify your email address.
Provide your business details:
- Business Name
- Company Registration Number
- Contact Phone Number
- Business Website URL
- To proceed, select “submit data”.
- If your initial onboarding is successful, you’ll be prompted to set up 2FA. You can contact us by submitting a ticket if we need additional information.
Updated 18 days ago