You'll need your own wallet to buy or sell crypto with Moonpay. It's easy to get a wallet address. Currently, there are two options:
- Set up a wallet address in your Moonpay account
- Use a wallet provider to get a wallet address
MoonPay isn't designed as a wallet app, meaning we don't manage your funds. MoonPay can’t access your wallet, so please keep your secret phrase safe. This secret phrase is important for recovering your private key and gaining access to your wallet.
Please see the following articles for more information on our associated wallet providers.
To get a wallet address with MoonPay on your desktop device:
- Visit our website at https://moonpay.com.
- Click on Buy Crypto.
- Select your cryptocurrency and the amount you want to buy.
- Check the fees.
- Click on Continue.
- If you have a Moonpay account, you'll be prompted to log in.
- If you don't have a Moonpay account, you'll be prompted to create one.
- Continue with your crypto purchase.
- After the transaction, your Moonpay account creates a wallet for Ethereum and Bitcoin.
To get a wallet address with MoonPay on your mobile device:
- Log in to the mobile app and access the main menu.
- Tap on Buy Crypto
- Select the cryptocurrency and the amount you want to purchase.
- Check the fees and continue
- You'll be prompted to create a BTC or ETH wallet during the buy flow.
With the wallets you've created, you can perform the following actions:
Updated 18 days ago